Friday, February 18, 2011

Be excited but don't be fooled


There are a lot of good feelings surrounding the Warriors right now. And I say take it all in, baby! The Warriors have won six out of their last eight and are only four games out of the playoffs. This is exciting stuff! It's a very encouraging time to be a Warriors fan. Especially someone like me who predicted doom before the season. But don't be fooled into thinking this team is a legitimate contender for that 8th spot in the West.

Not sure how many of you Warriors fans were paying attention but four of those six wins against good solid NBA opponents came against teams missing some of their best players. Don't get me wrong a win is a win but those were close games that I have to believe that the Warriors would have lost if those teams had their starting five.Warriors could have still maybe pulled one or two of those four out but probably not all four. Also the two losses came to the Phoenix Suns, who the Warriors have to pass to move up the playoff ladder. So while I am happy for the W's I am not super excited about this season as of yet. I am still very happy this team is much better than I thought it would be but for a playoff run things are going to have to be fixed.

The Warriors are going to need to go out and make a trade by next week's deadline. They need help at the center position and off the bench. Fixing one of those two can probably help them sneak into the playoffs. So my fingers are crossed but I'm not going to hold my breath. The Warriors don't have a ton to offer so I'm not expecting a miracle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment